Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting Notes 2011-03-13"

From Hive76 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with 'Board Meeting 2011.03.13 (thanks Far) Present: Jack Z., Far M., Steph A., Adam[0] K., Jordan M. Also: Chris T. == Item 1 == == Item 2 == == Item 3 ==')
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Board Meeting 2011.03.13 (thanks Far)
+
Board Meeting 2011.03.13 (Unofficial notes, thanks Far!)
 
Present: Jack Z., Far M., Steph A., Adam[0] K., Jordan M.
 
Present: Jack Z., Far M., Steph A., Adam[0] K., Jordan M.
 
Also: Chris T.
 
Also: Chris T.
== Item 1 ==  
+
== Officer Updates ==
== Item 2 ==
+
No offline officer updates.
==  Item 3 ==
+
CTO:  Gizmo 5 being replaced. New theme suggested.
 +
Secretary:
 +
Bookkeeper:  Money is good.  We need to do taxes.  Needs to grab
 +
fin.  $ from dropbox.
 +
Treasurer:
 +
<Fill in other officers here>
 +
== Member meeting Coming up ==
 +
- Meeting of all members. not needed right away
 +
- Far wats to get a beer with folks anyway, so is going to suggest
 +
something for that.
 +
== 501(c)3 ==
 +
- Athus doing new bylaws
 +
- Ratify Board, Ratify Officers, Ratify Bylaws
 +
- Raise $1K for application $750 for 501(c)3, $250 for bylaws, Corp.
 +
Ad for advertisment.
 +
- Fundraiser ideas - kickstarted with party/bbq at the end of it.
 +
== Old Taxes ==
 +
What do to?
 +
== Annual report ==
 +
- Steph to follow up
 +
== 2011 works ==
 +
- Rockets :
 +
- Design and print classes,
 +
- Blink and Buzz, April 9
 +
- Drink Hacking : justin - stalled
 +
- Treseling : Sean working on this
 +
- Event with UArts and e-textile Mike
 +
- OpenLeaks : how to submit secruly class.
 +
- Applebaum : activist security.
 +
- Mitch :
 +
== Mission ==
 +
- Events out in the world, event in the park.
 +
- Art Star Craft Bazzar.
 +
- Rep Rap World Tour
 +
- Fosscon May
 +
- Futurelabcamp
 +
== Strategic plan ==
 +
- Bigger plan info
 +
- Targets for this year
 +
== Other ==
 +
Better feedback from membership, etc.
 +
How to make sure we get info back, etc.
 +
A better definitaion of what the board.
 +
== ToDo ==
 +
- Contact Athas about cost of filing in the next 2 weeks - Adam
 +
- By april 10 find from Athis if we will have our update filed by the
 +
30th, so we can decide
 +
to send officer update to the state.
 +
- For taxes, Trying to figure operating costs, vs gross income.
 +
from stuff in drop box - Officer
 +
- Suggest to Management to cancel the Full Membership Meeting - to Officers
 +
- Announce a Hive76 a "hang out, beer, what to do this year" on next
 +
Saturday at 4PM.  (CC the Hacktory) - Far
 +
- Kickstarter Fundraiser once we get info from Athis - Far
 +
- Blog post about the board meeting - Jordan
 +
- Board Training around June - Steph
 +
- Double check PO Box is paid up this week. - Far
 +
Hive76
 +
P.O. Box 8205
 +
Philadelphia, PA 19101
 +
== OffTopic ==  
 +
- Contact mitch about a classs in late march.
 +
- Jacob applebaum info from steph to members.

Revision as of 18:00, 13 March 2011

Board Meeting 2011.03.13 (Unofficial notes, thanks Far!) Present: Jack Z., Far M., Steph A., Adam[0] K., Jordan M. Also: Chris T.

Officer Updates

No offline officer updates. CTO: Gizmo 5 being replaced. New theme suggested. Secretary: Bookkeeper: Money is good. We need to do taxes. Needs to grab fin. $ from dropbox. Treasurer: <Fill in other officers here>

Member meeting Coming up

- Meeting of all members. not needed right away - Far wats to get a beer with folks anyway, so is going to suggest something for that.

501(c)3

- Athus doing new bylaws - Ratify Board, Ratify Officers, Ratify Bylaws - Raise $1K for application $750 for 501(c)3, $250 for bylaws, Corp. Ad for advertisment. - Fundraiser ideas - kickstarted with party/bbq at the end of it.

Old Taxes

What do to?

Annual report

- Steph to follow up

2011 works

- Rockets : - Design and print classes, - Blink and Buzz, April 9 - Drink Hacking : justin - stalled - Treseling : Sean working on this - Event with UArts and e-textile Mike - OpenLeaks : how to submit secruly class. - Applebaum : activist security. - Mitch :

Mission

- Events out in the world, event in the park. - Art Star Craft Bazzar. - Rep Rap World Tour - Fosscon May - Futurelabcamp

Strategic plan

- Bigger plan info - Targets for this year

Other

Better feedback from membership, etc. How to make sure we get info back, etc. A better definitaion of what the board.

ToDo

- Contact Athas about cost of filing in the next 2 weeks - Adam - By april 10 find from Athis if we will have our update filed by the 30th, so we can decide

to send officer update to the state.

- For taxes, Trying to figure operating costs, vs gross income. from stuff in drop box - Officer - Suggest to Management to cancel the Full Membership Meeting - to Officers - Announce a Hive76 a "hang out, beer, what to do this year" on next Saturday at 4PM. (CC the Hacktory) - Far - Kickstarter Fundraiser once we get info from Athis - Far - Blog post about the board meeting - Jordan - Board Training around June - Steph - Double check PO Box is paid up this week. - Far Hive76 P.O. Box 8205 Philadelphia, PA 19101

OffTopic

- Contact mitch about a classs in late march. - Jacob applebaum info from steph to members.