Trenton Ave Fest
From Hive76 Wiki
This year, Hive76 is going to have a presence at the Trenton Ave Arts Festival. This day-long arts and crafts festival is held alongside the Kensignton Kinetic Sculpture Derby. We are doing this as a fund-raiser for the kid-friendly classes we will be hosting alongside the Neighborhood Bike Works. More on that to come ;)
- Jack Z
- Steph A
- Sean M
- Ryan B
- Rosanna S
- PJ S
Plan for the Morning/Afternoon of Saturday, May, 22nd
- 0900: Hivers Unite! at HQ to get all of our supplies, equipment, and infrastructure packed at ready to go.
- 0945: Start setting up base on Trenton Ave.
- 1130: Deadline for setup
- 1200: Festival starts
- 1230: Let the Derby Begin!!
- 1230-1700: Get paid to be and teach awesome!
- 1700: Arts fest ends. Trash in, trash out.
Stuff to Do
- Talk to John about electrical - Jack
- Bring postcards when they are printed - Jack
- Print schematic - Steph
- Get waiver from Far and print - Steph
- Print to-bring list for packing and unpacking - Steph
- Think of more snappy bike slogans - YOU
Stuff to Bring
- This list - Steph
- Waivers - Steph
- Kits - PJ
- Schematics - Steph, from Ryan's design
- 1 table - Hive
- 1 folding table - Steph
- Rolls of paper - Hive
- Vinyl - Hive (Jack knows which and where
- Craft Robo - Hive
- Electrical and duct tape - Steph and Hive
- Sammich board - Hive
- Tent - Sean
- Bike stand - Steph
- Extra bike stand? - PJ
- Chairs/stools - Hive
- Bed risers - Ryan
- Screwdriver - Hive
- Soldering irons - Hive
- Third hands - Hive and PJ
- Glue guns - Steph, PJ, Hive
- Glue sticks - Steph, Hive
- Wire strippers - PJ
- Wire cutters - Hive
- Wire - Hive
- Markers/pens, 4 each - Hive
- 1 pr. Scissors - Hive
- Post cards - Jack
- 1 Extension cord, 1 power strip - Hive
- 1 Cooler - Hive
- Food, ice or dry ice if wanted
Stuff to do Better
- Setup the booth layout in the space beforehand. Doing a dry-run on the booth will point out obvious organization, equipment, and space problems.
- Create a booth staff schedule. Having everyone in the booth at one time can get a little crowded and I'm sure people will want to see the event they're attending.
- Get Hive76 T-shirts. When people *are* walking around, looking at the rest of the event, they're advertising for the booth and the space.
- Don't lend tools to other vendors, lend a hand. There was a brief period where we thought a drill had disappeared.
- Related: pack the crates and unneeded stuff back to the cars. This will save space and keep the stuff secure so we don't have to keep an eye on it.
- Bring a case of water. We got a little lucky that the vendors were already working when we needed water to wet the soldering station sponges. Also, it was just a hot day.
- Get real portable tables. The tables we brought were unwieldy.
- Bring a cash box. Do we have one?
- Make a Hive76 banner sign. The sandwich board was cool and looked great, but we won't be able to reuse it now.
Schematic and parts list
- 2 9V batteries
- 2 battery clips
- 1 counter
- 1 jumbo LED
- 1 reed switch
- 1 rare earth magnet
- wire: 2 long pieces (12-14"), one short (4-5")
- soldering irons
- wire strippers for wires that are stripped too short for kids to manage easily
- extension cord and power strip
- electrical tape for all soldered connections
- I pre-heat-shrunk the reed switches since they are really delicate
- safety glasses where available
- glue gun if there is time to mount the kit in an upcycled case for attachment to the bike
- multimeter for that one kit that doesn't work
----+-----------------------------+--------+---------+----------+------------- | MOUSER PART NO. | EST. | | | LINE| CUSTOMER PART NO. | SHIP | QTY | UNIT | EXTENDED NO.| DESCRIPTION | DATE | ORDERED | PRICE | PRICE ----+-----------------------------+--------+---------+----------+------------- 1 602-3050-100-02 07/01/10 2 25.290 50.58 24AWG UL1007 BLK RoHS: Compliant 2 534-84-6 07/01/10 220 0.320 70.40 9V BATTERY STRAP RoHS: Compliant 3 876-ORD9216-1015 07/01/10 150 0.340 51.00 1 Form A Merchandise Total 171.98 Handling: 0.00 Freight: 18.75 Tax: 0.00 Order TOTAL: $190.73
1 602-3050-100-08 07/29/10 2 25.290 50.58 24AWG UL1007 ORG RoHS: Compliant 2 5174-1183 07/29/10 10 0.880 8.80 FP-301 1/8X48" CLR RoHS: Compliant Merchandise Total 59.38 Handling: 0.00 Freight: 8.98 Tax: 0.00 Order TOTAL: $68.36
Line No. Supplier Number Customer Part No. Description Est. Ship Date Qty Unit Price USD Extended Price USD 1 RoHS: Compliant1 602-3050-100-08 24AWG UL1007 ORG 07/29/10 2 25.290 50.58 2 RoHS: Compliant1 5174-1183 FP-301 1/8X48" CLR 07/29/10 10 0.880 8.80 1RoHS: Compliant Freight Merchandise Total USD $59.38
SKU Description Qty Price CTR-8 6-DIGIT, 24VDC COUNTER 120 $1.20 HD-9V 9 VOLT BATTERY, HEAVY-DUTY CARBON ZINC 190 $0.57 Order Subtotal: $252.30 Shipping & Handling: $7.00 Tax: $0.00 ESTIMATED TOTAL: $259.30