Picking A Date Cheat Sheet
Sometimes picking a good date for an event is hard. Below is the 'Pick A Date And Do An Event Cheat Sheet' This can take 10 minutes one night, and 5 minutes some other night if it goes well. Mostly, you can save time by cutting and pasting to reuse the description, and being careful to list only 3-4 options for dates/times/places. As a general rule, no date/time/place will work for a group of more than 5, so if you expect more than 5 people, you can also expect someone who want to go won't make it.
Pick and Event Date/Time
- If it's not happening *at* Hive76, pick a good location based on the activity.
- Pick 3 good 'It would work well' date/times.
- Make a Doodle.com date picker,
- email the participation link and a 3 sentence blurb to hive discussion.Give people only 3 days to reply.
- At 3 days, look at doodle and pick one. Even if only a few people reply, pick the best looking date.
- Post it to the discussion list, (if acct problems, hit up the CTO)
- make a calender event (via docs.hive76.org) and share it with email@example.com (adds to the main calendar) (if acct problems, hit up the CTO)
- Post it to the blog (if acct problems, hit up the CTO)
- Drink. Relax. Enjoy. Hack On.