Our Hackerspace Management
The management of Hive76 consists of the following officers/office The management is elected every 6 months, and replacements are elected at the next monthly meeting after someone resigns a position. All members of management are responsible for making themselves available to members to discretely address issues within the group.
Office Currently Held By: Chris Terrell
President is the public face of the space. They try to find new members, find people to teach classes/skills, events, etc
- The President ensures democracy takes place amongst the board, the management and the members of Hive76.
- The President is the contact for outside groups or people to contact, not related to publicity
- The President presides over all member, and board meetings
- The President checks up on all management roles to assure they are being completed
- The President makes emergency decisions when necessary
Office Currently Held By: Pete Perreault
The Quartermaster manages the physical space, making sure it runs smoothly and is reasonably clean and usable.
- Makes monthly trips/orders of parts
- Allocates space and storage to new members
- Checks the space to make sure it's kept clean
- Organizes regular cleanups
- Sets rules on how the space is used and makes sure they are followed for safety/sanity
- Keeps inventory and such
Office Currently Held By: Daniel Provenzano
The Book Keeper manages the finances and dues, and makes sure they're managed run smoothly.
- Monthly review of the finances
- Updating the board/members of current financial status.
- Keeps track of what dues members owe
- Coordinates reimbursements of expenses for classes and general supplies
- Can approve expenses between $10 - $50.
Chief Technological Officer
Office Currently Held By: David Morfin
The CTO keeps the website, mailing lists, and IRC channel running, and up to date.
- Watches for SPAM in comments and mailing lists
- Monthly checks the 'check in' sheet to add people to the announce mailing list
- Encourages people to edit the wiki, or contribute to the weblog
- Manages who has access to what online accounts
- Sets up new members with wiki/weblog/server admin, and teaches them to use the stuff.
Office Currently Held By: Matt Yarema
Keeps track of internal business, makes sure meetings and events happen. They keep an eye on the state of official projects.
- Keeps track of keys, forms, paperwork, etc.
- Runs the monthly meetings, and makes a list to current happenings for the last month sent to the members.
- Makes sure the monthly letter gets sent to the announce list.
- Keeps (or appoints a keeper) of official meeting minutes when they are needed
- Responds to curious people who contact the Hive76@gmail.com account
Office Currently Held By: Chris Terrell
Events Coordinator coordinates events. This person will not plan events on his/her lonesome, but will instead help teachers and members make events.
- have periodic planning meetings to delegate individual events to responsible members and officers.
- He/she will establish a best-practices for holding events,
- ensure the quality of events being held, and make sure that anyone who wants to run an event has all the necessary knowledge and resources
- Keeps track of calendar of events (both in planning and happening) to make sure events don't collide
- The Event Coordinator is NOT in charge of the email sign-in-sheet but probably will end up doing it anyway.
- The Events Coordinator will write nice thank you's to people that run classes or events.
Office Currently Held by: Chris Terrell
The publicist ensures that Hive76 maintains a positive presence in online and in Philadelphia
- Communicates with newspapers, blogs, and other publications
- Posts related links to various link aggregation and social networking sites
- Gives tours of the space, and can direct questions to an appropriate individual, including management
- Probes members about projects, photos and videos to post