From Hive76 Wiki
In it's current state, this project strives to be a laser-based text display system using an Arduino to control the rotation of a salvaged hexagonal rotating mirror and the pulsing of a laser pointer.
- Make a virtual sun-dial
- Simple POV device using ~8 lasers and an Arduino
- Design and print mounts for holding everything in place
- Use the motor to synchronously spin an ensemble of lasers that project onto a translucent cylinder
- Ultimately obtain a large mirror to project image onto building
- Point all 8 lasers at 1 mirror to avoid the problem of coordinating 8 spinning mirrors
- Minimum Y lines for text: 5 I say
- Check the lasers for consistency of alignment.
- Eagleapex 20:57, 27 April 2011 (UTC)