The Designjet stopped working in 2018. It was determined that it was not economical to fix and purchase new ink, so it was retired.
HP Designjet 130
HP ink is expensive. We need 1 HP 84 Black Cartridge, and 5 HP 85 cartridges for Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, and Yellow.
Current Designjet print ninjas:
- Vivera ink
- Black: HP 84
- Color: HP 85, multiple
- Paper about ink and paper archive qualities: link
- Any paper up to 24" wide
- Currently loaded some matte paper on a roll, works well.
- Tested in Mac and Win7
- Win7 needed to access maintenance.
- $5 per A1 poster print aka: 594mm x 841mm or 23.39" × 33.11"
- Double for non-members.
- For some reason, the roll drags on the shelf and causes jams. This is fixed with some plywood risers under the feet.
- Feeding the edge of paper from a new roll into the printer is very tough and requires training.
- The cutter is currently dull, please disable the automatic cutter when printing.
- Set a custom paper size that is 24" wide and as high as the document I want to print is.