Sean T. McBeth
Aut viam invenium aut facium "I will find a way or make one" (often attributed to Hannibal) Software developer by day, mad scientist by night. I use the space to build analog music circuits; I've gotten pretty handy with the simple 555 astable tone generator. I'm on hand to answer any programming, database, or web related questions.
Some stuff I'm working on:
- A top secret project involving analog music circuits
- Making paint out of raw materials
- A small MUD written in Scheme
- An art installation with an anti-smoking message
- Open House Projects - I'm actively involved in organizing projects for our Open House meetings. I ran the Bristle Bot build as one of the first mini projects for Open House. I'll be doing a "electronics through home chemistry" series shortly.
- Management - as the Book Keeper, I'm actively involved with the management of Hive76.
Some stuff I did:
- Tresling - a combination of competitive, head-to-head Tetris and arm wrestling. The game came out really well, with music provided by Brendan Schrader.
- I was the Events Coordinator for the Winter 2010/Spring 2011 session.
- PAFA Installation - This went off rather well, generating a lot of new interest in the space.
- The Kaufman Beverage Elevator - an inside joke that officially went too far when Google searches for "Beverage Elevator" returned this site as the #1 result
- Atari Punk Console - I built a sweet Atari Punk Console that now lives in our trophy case.
- Burning Zombie Dummy - I built a special effects dummy for an independent film crew. It was... pretty freaking awesome.
- Top Secret Rosies - I designed the flyer used to advertise the event.
- Trenton Ave Fest - I designed the layout for the placard sign and helped run the booth selling bike safety light and odometer kits.
I probably shouldn't start this list because it will get out of hand. But I like being honest about these things, because I think people in general have an anxiety about their own personal project completion rate that is based in unreasonable expectations. So, I'm going to keep a list of my failures in addition to my successes so everyone can feel better about themselves.
- Mixed drinks - I'm organizing and will be doing some presentation for a workshop on mixed drinks and molecular gastronomy.