Sean T. McBeth
Aut viam invenium aut facium Software developer by day, mad scientist by night.
In the Space
For the year of 2011, I am the Events Coordinator. I use the space to build analog music circuits, I've gotten pretty handy with the simple 555 astable tone generator. I'm on hand to answer any programming, database, or web related questions.
Some stuff I'm working on:
- Tresling - a combination of competitive, head-to-head Tetris and arm wrestling, in collaboration with IndyHall and Geekadelphia.
- A top secret project involving analog music circuits
- Hacker Field Day - I've been cooperating with NextFab Studio to create an event for Philly Science Fest.
- Open House Projects - I'm actively involved in organizing projects for our Open House meetings. I ran the Bristle Bot build as one of the first mini projects for Open House.
- Mixed drinks - I'm organizing and will be doing some presentation for a workshop on mixed drinks and molecular gastronomy.
- PAFA Installation - I'm doing a lot of organizing right now, and will pretty soon start building aesthetic pieces around the main attraction.
- Management - as the Events Coordinator, I'm actively involved with the management of Hive76.
Some stuff I did:
- The Kaufman Beverage Elevator - an inside joke that officially went too far when Google searches for "Beverage Elevator" returned this site as the #1 result
- Atari Punk Console - I built a sweet Atari Punk Console that now lives in our trophy case.
- Burning Zombie Dummy - I built a special effects dummy for an independent film crew. It was... pretty freaking awesome.
- Top Secret Rosies - I designed the flyer used to advertise the event.
- Trenton Ave Fest - I designed the layout for the placard sign and helped run the booth selling bike safety light and odometer kits.