DRAFT, not adopted by Hive76 as official Hackerspace Management The management of Hive76 consists of the following officers/office The management is elected every 6 months, and replacements are elected at the next montly meeting after someone resigns a position. In all of these the goal is to get things done and out of the way, so people can keep making and doing things quickly and smoothly,not with overhead and hassle. Having these officers will make it faster/easier to do things (and not slower/longer/more-painful).
The quartermaster manages the physical space, and makes sure it runs smoothly, is reasonable clean and usable. Stuff the Quartermaster does
- Makes monthly trips/orders of parts
- Checks the space to make sure it's clean
- Sets rules on how the space is used and makes sure they are followed for safety/sanity
- Keeps inventory and such
- Speaks in Pirate Voice when they feel like it
The quartermaster manages the finances and dues (cash and work time) and makes sure it runs smoothly, is reasonable clean and usable. They also manage the calendar of events.
- Monthly review of the finances
- Keeps track of calander of events (both in planning and happening) to make sure events don't collide
- Keeps track of what dues (cash and work) members owe
- Keeps track of keys, forms, paperwork, etc.
- Wears one of those little green visors whenever possible
Chief Technological Officer (CTO)
The CTO keeps the website, mailing lists, and IRC channel running, and up to date.
- Watches for SPAM in comments and mailing lists
- Monthly checks the 'check in' sheet to add people to the announce mailing list
- Encourages people to edit the wiki, or contribute to the weblog
- Manages who has access to what online accounts
- Sets up new members with wiki/weblog/server admin, and teaches them to use the stuff.
- Says things like "return on idea investment" "web 2.0" and "synergy" without irony.