From Hive76 Wiki
The Designjet stopped working and was retired in 2018
HP Designjet 130
HP ink is expensive. We need 1 HP 84 Black Cartridge, and 5 HP 85 cartridges for Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, and Yellow.
Current Designjet print ninjas:
- Vivera ink
- Black: HP 84
- Color: HP 85, multiple
- Paper about ink and paper archive qualities: link
- Any paper up to 24" wide
- Currently loaded some matte paper on a roll, works well.
- Tested in Mac and Win7
- Win7 needed to access maintenance.
- $5 per A1 poster print aka: 594mm x 841mm or 23.39" × 33.11"
- Double for non-members.
- For some reason, the roll drags on the shelf and causes jams. This is fixed with some plywood risers under the feet.
- Feeding the edge of paper from a new roll into the printer is very tough and requires training.
- The cutter is currently dull, please disable the automatic cutter when printing.
- Set a custom paper size that is 24" wide and as high as the document I want to print is.